Contempt Actions

Hancock and Harrison County Lawyer Protecting Your Interests

Custodial and noncustodial parents alike may he held in contempt for failure to comply with custody, visitation and/or support provisions of a Custody Order or Final Judgment. The court with jurisdiction over the original action will retain jurisdiction to decide all issues relating to contempt. Upon finding a party in contempt, the court may issue appropriate sanctions including incarceration, fines, payment of arrearages, and payment of attorney’s fees.

Should you have any questions regarding a family law matter, please feel free to contact Attorney Ed Edwards at (228) 342-8128 to discuss your case.